FLAutomation

Looking for NJ/NX Communication DLLs for Visual Studio

30 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2022 at 9:25 AM, Michael Walsh said:

63a1c5376864c_FINSNX.thumb.jpg.035264185

One confirmation and one additional note with regards to FINS comms on NX controllers.  The NX7 could support FINS as of v1.16 as stated by @photovoltaic and ONLY port 2 supports FINS commands on the NX102.  I posted to make the point about port 2, but since the 1.16 point was here in this graphic as well, I thought that I would confirm.  Never doubted you @photovoltaic!

I was looking at FINS with an NX701 controller today and happened across this thread.  One additional thing to point out is that ONLY the database versions of the NX701 (NX701-1*20 processors) after version 1.16 support FINS.

If  you want to get data out of a Omron PLC to a PC and vice versa I use Kepware software.

They support just about any type of PLC. There is a free month at there website to try it.. (if you role back the date of the machine it will work an extra month) they also have a plugin to record data..

I have used Kepware for several years but now it's a No-go.

1. Kepware used licensing and lose licence when PC abnormally shutdown I must paid again to get my licence.
  2. The price is excessive.
  3. The NX102 have a OPC-UA server inside, and the cost is lower than KepServer.
  4. OPC is not appropriate for real time data.

1) Should have been fixable with full documentation.

2) Concur.  And they are apparently switching to an subscription model, where your install stops working if you stop paying.

3) Pretty wimpy OPC server, from what I've seen.

4) What?  There are plenty of OPC products that will reliably obtain and report data changes down to the single-digit millisecond range.

Aside from all that, the NJ/NX family supports EtherNet/IP for tag access, and is well documented.  (I recently included high-performance support in an Ignition driver, fwiw.)  There are open source libraries that will help you create the appropriate ethernet traffic, and not just on Windows.

Hi

Don't know if you can use it in your application , but did you consider the option to use  a remote TCP port from the built-in EtherNet/IP?

Using Sysmac functions :

SktTCPConnect

SktTCPSend

SktTCPRcv