Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Craig W

Expanding a old FX0n

10 posts in this topic

I have an old FX0n-20 that I want to use to control and aquarium. Can I add expansion modules to add the following? 1) Real Time Clock 2) Analog inputs Thanks in advance for any info. Craig

Yes and Yes The RTC comes as a plug-in cassette (but for an aquarium, you could program your own RTC) Analog units are still avaliable and used on the latest models as well as the FXoN See a mitsi dealer

Thanks for the reply. This may be a stupid question, but how can I program a RTC into the FX? My PLC programming experience is pretty limited. Craig

An RTC in its crudest form would be to use a n/o M8013 (An internal 1 second pulse) to pulse a counter set at how many seconds there are in a day. (then reset it) Then use a compare instruction CMP or 2 to set some M bits on and off for the events (and in turn, the M bits to turn on outputs.) A power failure will reset the counter though, and if retentive counters are used a power failure will stop the clock for that period

I've never heard of an add-on for th FX0N for real time clock... What part number would that be? I know the newer Mitsubishi PLCs have real time clocks (except FX2NC which requires a memory module).

I thought the FX0N and FX0S used the same memory cards as the FX1S and FX1N, not the ones for the old FX and FX2N product. My bad...

FYI, FX0S and FX1S do not have memory expansion/optoins. Only the FX0N/FX1N and above have that. FX0S/FX1S has built-in EEPROM memory.

Actually, the FX1N-EEPROM-8L can be used with the FX1S.

The FX1S has EEPROM memory fixed at 2k. When using the FX1N-EEPROM-8L only the loader function can be used. After using the loader function the FX1N-EEPROM-8L must be removed from the PLC. The loader function allows you to transfer programs To/From the PLC. When using it with the FX1S only 2k can be utilized since that is the maximum memory size for the PLC Edited by fae-san