Mr.HL

micrologix 1000 Can not connect MicroLogix 1000 to RSLinx

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with PLC. I have a Micrologix 1000. The last time I connected with RSLinx easy, however, I change it to DH485 (I do not remember exactly).

And now I can not connect it to RSLinx, I tried many times for all types of drivers.

Please help me. Thank you very much.

You must use the driver for the communications format for that controller or network, and the driver must be properly configured. All Micro -1000 controllers should have DF-1 (RS232) embedded within them, and many have DH485. These are the only two drivers you'll likely ever need on a Micro-1000.  Whichever one you were using successfully before is what you should try to continue to use. 

Serial drivers like RS232 can have several configuration settings, whereas other drivers, such as DH+, may only need to have the correct com port number set. I'm a fan of using the Auto-Configure button when it's available.

Once you're back online with the controller, I'd use the "RSLinx Classic Backup Restore" utility to create a backup of the known good driver configuration.

This link for the MicroLogix 1000 manual be helpful:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um003_-en-p.pdf

Chapter 3 is communications. 

1 person likes this

On 17/4/2022 at 0:04 PM, ElectronGuru said:

You must use the driver for the communications format for that controller or network, and the driver must be properly configured. All Micro -1000 controllers should have DF-1 (RS232) embedded within them, and many have DH485. These are the only two drivers you'll likely ever need on a Micro-1000.  Whichever one you were using successfully before is what you should try to continue to use. 

Serial drivers like RS232 can have several configuration settings, whereas other drivers, such as DH+, may only need to have the correct com port number set. I'm a fan of using the Auto-Configure button when it's available.

Once you're back online with the controller, I'd use the "RSLinx Classic Backup Restore" utility to create a backup of the known good driver configuration.

This link for the MicroLogix 1000 manual be helpful:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um003_-en-p.pdf

Chapter 3 is communications. 

Hello, thank you very much for your reply. I try many times to connect with the old driver but can not connect (including auto-configure). I will need a DH485 with 1747-UIC cable for connecting the micrologix 1000 with PC or not ?. My MicroLogix 1000 is Ser E. Please help me more. Thank you in advance.

ml1000.jpg

The first think you will need to do is make sure the 1747-UIC is installed properly and you have chosen the correct COM port.

Mr_PLC_UIC.JPG.02a6866ea4285f40066bdbb5d

1 person likes this

Based on what I've seen in the manual, I wouldn't think you'd need the UIC (it looks like it auto-configures itself for either DH485 or DF1 based on what it's connected to) but you will definitely need a COM Port adapter. Either way, take @IO_Rack's post to heart and verify your RSLinx driver is looking at the right COM port.

1 person likes this

Many thanks, Everyone,

The first time, I connected to Micrologix 1000 and it worked normally like the way by Mr @IO_Rack

And then I want to connect it to an HMI and I tried to change "Channel configuration" -> download project to plc. After that, I can not connect. Now, I do not have a DH485 with a UIC chip cable, I used a 1761 Cable. If anyone has a DH485 cable please change the setting and then check.3.thumb.png.e33a36e56affe397c8dda11ce1f8

4.png

Edited by Mr.HL

11 hours ago, Joe E. said:

Based on what I've seen in the manual, I wouldn't think you'd need the UIC (it looks like it auto-configures itself for either DH485 or DF1 based on what it's connected to) but you will definitely need a COM Port adapter. Either way, take @IO_Rack's post to heart and verify your RSLinx driver is looking at the right COM port.

Yes thank you, I've seen in the manual too, that we will not need a UIC cable, it will auto-configure. But now, we can not connect. 

Edited by Mr.HL

Some USB-Serial converters are not sufficiently capable to operate these connections.  Also, there's a power pin on the MicroLogix round connector that can mess with a serial converter if the wrong cable is used (the pin supplies power to a net-aic or similar, using a special cable).

Anyways, try a USB-Serial converter that is based on the FTDI chipset.  Those have been rock-solid for my uses.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Mr.HL said:

Yes thank you, I've seen in the manual too, that we will not need a UIC cable, it will auto-configure. But now, we can not connect. 

Does the ML1000 show up in RSLinx Classic's RSWho window? After Auto-configuration is successful?

2 hours ago, pturmel said:

Some USB-Serial converters are not sufficiently capable to operate these connections.  Also, there's a power pin on the MicroLogix round connector that can mess with a serial converter if the wrong cable is used (the pin supplies power to a net-aic or similar, using a special cable).

Anyways, try a USB-Serial converter that is based on the FTDI chipset.  Those have been rock-solid for my uses.

Yes, thank you for your idea.

1 hour ago, Joe E. said:

Does the ML1000 show up in RSLinx Classic's RSWho window? After Auto-configuration is successful?

1 hour ago, Joe E. said:

Thank you. After auto-configure is finished, it does not show success. The error shows "unable to verify setting..." like the photo above.