TigerLily

HMI Replacement Options

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

We are looking to find a replacement for our Omron NS Screens in what seems like about 20 systems...there are so many third party/other vendor options available, I am honestly overwhelmed, so I thought maybe some of you had great experience with other vendors screens that I could look into using in our equipment.  The screen will have to communicate with an Omron CJ PLC, serial or Ethernet is fine, Ethernet is preferred.  Would also prefer screens that actually have Omron drivers.

Thank you!!

I know of use cases where Proface Quickpanel and Red Lion HMI were connected to Omron PLC with native drives with good success.

1 person likes this

We have a few OEMs that supply us with Maple Systems that communicate with C-Series Omron and work well. I don't particularly like the programming software but that's just a preference.

I'll second Bob on the Red Lion. We some of those as well and Crimson software is nice and simple.

If you would like to keep it an 'all Omron' shop and keep the full functionality you get from the NS, the NA5 is a very nice screen and will work with CJ PLCs. It will also lend to an easier PLC upgrade for the future.

1 person likes this