6 posts in this topic

hello, I want to ask, maybe some of you know about this, I want to take a program on compactlogix but it has a firmware version 19.xx while the rslogix application I have is version 21.xx, there are several options offered by the application to be able to take the program, update the firmware in compactlogix or downgrade the rslogixku application to version 19.xx.
if i upgrade the firmware in compactlogix, what about the program is the program safe or not, and if i upgrade the firmware will the program in compactlogix work properly?

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 9.41.44 AM.jpeg

The controller you have can only be upgraded to v20, and is not compatible with anything above that. 

When the firmware is updated in any controller, that controller's project is deleted and must be downloaded in the new version. This means you must have that version of Studio installed on your laptop, and the project must be saved in that version.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply

I have an application with version 20.xx, if I try to take the program by upgrading the firmware from the PLC the program should be okay right?

thanks before

Yes, with the v20 application open, and v20 firmware available to Rockwell's ControlFlash tool, when you start a download to that processor, it should report the need for updated firmware. And will offer to do so right there (and continue with the download after the firmware change).

8 hours ago, FAProject said:

thanks for the reply

I have an application with version 20.xx, if I try to take the program by upgrading the firmware from the PLC the program should be okay right?

thanks before

Just to clarify.  IF your controller firmware is upgraded any program in the controller is lost, unless you upload it with matching logix software before upgrading.

For Example.

Controller has Program1.ACD version 19 in it.  Unless you have that file on disk somewhere either as Program1.ACD version 19 or Program1.ACD version 20 it will be lost when you upgrade firmware.

If you're Tech Connect Support is current I'd download Logix version 19.  And backup the controller fist.  were I in your shoes.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Just to clarify.  IF your controller firmware is upgraded any program in the controller is lost, unless you upload it with matching logix software before upgrading.

For Example.

Controller has Program1.ACD version 19 in it.  Unless you have that file on disk somewhere either as Program1.ACD version 19 or Program1.ACD version 20 it will be lost when you upgrade firmware.

If you're Tech Connect Support is current I'd download Logix version 19.  And backup the controller fist.  were I in your shoes.

if so, then i have to downgrade my app following the version from plc. thanks for the answer, this is very helpful