Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnV

GermanJet transducer and SysmacStudio trouble

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

Could anybody help me?

I have a new absolute position transducer (Germanjet 19 Series, EtherCAT  ). http://www.germanjet.com/download/Germanjet%20Catalog%20E.pdf

I have tryed to add a device description ESI file (it describes this device) into SysmacStudio (ver 1.30) Germanjet 197 EtherCAT.xml

However , I've got a trouble. SysmacStudio says: "This ESI file is not supported by Sysmac Studio. Reason: SeparateSu is enabled. The software does not support the Sync Unit function."

german.png.ef2a0242185be34d370c5f05073d4

Are there any ways to solve this trouble?

You can try contacting manufacturer to give you modified ESI file that does not use or mention that feature or has it turned off.

Or you can replace PLC for one that does implement this EtherCat feature. EtherCat is developed/supported/popularized by Beckhoff so their PLC will likely have no problem with this. Other companies may support EtherCat but only implement subset of features that EtherCat actually supports.

You can also contact Omron and ask about possible way to resolve this. If things go well, it may be just software patch with or without PLC firmware upgrade.

Thanks a lot! Manufacturer has prepared a new version of  ESI file. Now this issue has fixed!

Edited by AnV
1 person likes this

very good. it is always better when manufacturers offer support for their products. :-2

1 person likes this