rajsiyer

Downloading application to Schneider's HMI through a router

4 posts in this topic

I am attempting to download a Vijeo designer application to a remotely situated Magelis HMI over the cloud by means of a VPN. Vijeo designer's built-in help indicates that this is possible and has provided an example.  BTW, I am using Vijeo Designer basic v1.1 & the HMI model is GXU3512.

However, I find the fields for router IP and TCP port nos. all deactivated. How to get pass this roadblock? I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a million

NAT_HMI.jpg

1 hour ago, rajsiyer said:

I am attempting to download a Vijeo designer application to a remotely situated Magelis HMI over the cloud by means of a VPN.

I don't know the software but... If you are on the local network via VPN, doesn't that put your computer on the network? (192.168.1.x)

If the HMI is truly NATed, you would access it via its public address.

Thanks, but the settings for NATing the HMI appear to be disabled.

I believe if the Use NAT check-box on vijeo-designer was available to be ticked and so also if the ports and public IP address of the router were configrued, we would have seen it on the local netework

Hi

I have to agree with IO_RACK here. If you are on a vpn to the network then nothing is needed on the hmi side. You should be able to ping the hmi regardless of NAT settings.

I have a lot of schneider hmis that i connect to remotely (via secomea sitemanagers) and the only issue sometimes when downloading is  if the internet is a bit slow or the file is very big then it may take 2 or 3 tries to get it to download. The secomea system is almost like a vpn. Did you enter a gateway address in the hmi?