7 posts in this topic

Hello Dear Engineers;

I am a PLC beginner learner, so please do not my my question as it sounds little ignorance

my question is; how can i insert two output instructions in parallel but from the same input instructions.

kindly check the drawing attached, the problem i can not find the right tool in my RSLogix 500 software. 

please help me and i do highly appreciate that.  

best regards, 

Kevin 

RLL, OTE, Parrallel.PNG

I've circled the button used to insert a branch into the logic:
RSL500_Branch.png.40283b061221da581ba24a

Each tab ("User", "Bit", "Timer/Counter",etc.) has more instructions. Use the arrow buttons next to the tabs to scroll through the tabs. Use the arrow buttons next to the instruction icons to scroll through the icons in that tab.

If that toolbar isn't visible, go to the "View" menu and make sure "Tabbed Instruction Bar" is checked.

If you're not sure what each instruction is, hover your mouse over it and you'll get a tooltip identifying it. To see detailed help, add it to the rung, select it, and hit "F1". The instruction help in RSLogix is actually very solid.

Edited by Joe E.
2 people like this

@Joe E. gave you the simplest answer, but there is also another "old school" method to get what you want.

Start by Double Clicking the mouse on a rung number and opening the mnemonic editing of that rung.

Then type the mnemonics for what you want, in your case BST OTE NXB OTE BND.

Nemonics.PNG.9197af8fd8e4a467a1c763fd256

And when you press return you get the graphic of the mnemonics.

Graphics.PNG.736438f1bc236ea7c99cbbb37f9

2 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

@Joe E. gave you the simplest answer, but there is also another "old school" method to get what you want.

Start by Double Clicking the mouse on a rung number and opening the mnemonic editing of that rung.

That's probably one of my favorite things about RSLogix (5, 500, 5000)! When "in the groove", I can type in an entire (pretty complicated) rung WAY faster than drag-drop.

1 hour ago, Joe E. said:

That's probably one of my favorite things about RSLogix (5, 500, 5000)! When "in the groove", I can type in an entire (pretty complicated) rung WAY faster than drag-drop.

@Joe E. --  Once an Assembly Language Guy always an AL Guy . ROFL.

@Kevin8686  - For your enlightenment -- BST = Branch Start ; OTE = Output ; NXB = Next Branch ; BND = Branch End  -- tons of others can be found in the instruction help.

On 4/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, Joe E. said:

I've circled the button used to insert a branch into the logic:
RSL500_Branch.png.40283b061221da581ba24a

Each tab ("User", "Bit", "Timer/Counter",etc.) has more instructions. Use the arrow buttons next to the tabs to scroll through the tabs. Use the arrow buttons next to the instruction icons to scroll through the icons in that tab.

If that toolbar isn't visible, go to the "View" menu and make sure "Tabbed Instruction Bar" is checked.

If you're not sure what each instruction is, hover your mouse over it and you'll get a tooltip identifying it. To see detailed help, add it to the rung, select it, and hit "F1". The instruction help in RSLogix is actually very solid.

Dear Mr. Joe, 
Thanks a million times for your great support, I know it's something technically small but to me it's really big issue & i'm sorry for my late thanking as i was in my second med-term exams. Thanks again.

On 4/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, Joe E. said:

On 4/5/2022 at 6:50 PM, BobLfoot said:

Mr. Bob, 
Thank you so much for your great trick from old school days, I'm really fond with such techniques, yea they are little difficult but very beneficial as it sharpens our skills more and more