Boclo

Transfer/Create a program from a schneider plc to mitsubishi

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm currently working as an intern, and my job is to transfer the program from a schneider twido twdlmda20rt to a mitsubishi fx5u-32mr/es. The thing is, i've been in trouble trying to understand and "translate" from one plc language to another certain things, like the %MW, %SW and blocks, so if any of You could give me some advisory I'd bee fully thankful (I can't upload all the pics, so theres's the link to the folder)

https://inacapmailcl-my.sharepoint.com/personal/nicolas_gonzalez206_inacapmail_cl/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fnicolas%5Fgonzalez206%5Finacapmail%5Fcl%2FDocuments%2Fscript

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

You need to look at the FX5U Programming Manual and understand the different memory areas and how they are labeled in Mitsubishi.  

%MW is memory words, so like D registers in Mitsu.

%SW is system words, so things like diagnostic data.  Old Mitsu FX products had these in the higher D registers, above 8000, not sure if the FX5U is more like Q Series and has a separate area called SD.

%M is typically bit addressable internal memory, similar to M addresses on Mitsu.

%I and %Q are inputs and outputs... Mitsu doesn't prefix those with any letters, they are based on the module layout.

%I should be Mitsubishi X

%Q should be Mitsubishi Y

%TM should be Mitsubishi T

21 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You need to look at the FX5U Programming Manual and understand the different memory areas and how they are labeled in Mitsubishi.  

%MW is memory words, so like D registers in Mitsu.

%SW is system words, so things like diagnostic data.  Old Mitsu FX products had these in the higher D registers, above 8000, not sure if the FX5U is more like Q Series and has a separate area called SD.

%M is typically bit addressable internal memory, similar to M addresses on Mitsu.

%I and %Q are inputs and outputs... Mitsu doesn't prefix those with any letters, they are based on the module layout.

Thanks for replying, I checked the programming manual (I already have had done it before, but only found the basics i/o, and m). Do you have any idea of how to label those hmi blocks?. reading the program it seems like the password and other configurations mast be also described in the script

What are you talking about HMI?  You never mentioned an HMI.  Or anything involving passwords.  Or scripts.  If you have questions, you need to type them into your message.  We are not psychics here.

1 hour ago, Crossbow said:

What are you talking about HMI?  You never mentioned an HMI.  Or anything involving passwords.  Or scripts.  If you have questions, you need to type them into your message.  We are not psychics here.

I talk about the blocks in the program in the question, which, if you have eyes, can see in the images attached, and i insist, if you have eyes, you can see they have instructions for the hmi.

The link you posted is asking for account.... seems like the folder is not shared for public.

What is the brand and model of HMI?

Does it have phisical interface/port and driver for FX5 (IQ-F series)?

If it does you will need to reprogram it to match the devices of the FX5 PLC...

Edited by glavanov

On 26-03-2022 at 2:54 PM, glavanov said:

The link you posted is asking for account.... seems like the folder is not shared for public.

What is the brand and model of HMI?

Does it have phisical interface/port and driver for FX5 (IQ-F series)?

If it does you will need to reprogram it to match the devices of the FX5 PLC...

Both the plc ( TWDLMDA20RT ) and hmi (XBTGT2330) are Schnider. I tried to read the program from the plc, but it is sealed and you can't read nor transfer information. In the images I posted it looks like the hmi must be programmed in the plc, because it has to regulate the speed of a conveyor and other things. But I tried to recreate the script in the twido suite and since I don't know how to write that information i couldn't

What you called HMI blocks are called function blocks, they have absolutely nothing to do with the HMI. On the second picture, they are timers.  On the third pictures, compares and timers.  They are not 'instructions for the HMI', if you could read you would see the comparison signs.

And you do not program the HMI in the PLC. The HMI can adjust a value in the controller's memory, but the program for the HMI resides in the HMI.

56 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

What you called HMI blocks are called function blocks, they have absolutely nothing to do with the HMI. On the second picture, they are timers.  On the third pictures, compares and timers.  They are not 'instructions for the HMI', if you could read you would see the comparison signs.

And you do not program the HMI in the PLC. The HMI can adjust a value in the controller's memory, but the program for the HMI resides in the HMI.

Yeah, I know what counters, compares and timers are, but If you could point your eyeball to the third pic, on the comparison block, it says "HMI_DIS_PUSHER...". I don´t know if you can read or understand that, but it does references to the hmi display.  Well i don't undestand why or what it is comparing, that's why i thought it may be some kind of instruction

It's a common practice to label things controlled by the HMI as HMI-START BUTTON etc

It's for clarity as to where the signal comes from.

41 minutes ago, Ron_S said:

It's a common practice to label things controlled by the HMI as HMI-START BUTTON etc

It's for clarity as to where the signal comes from.

Thanks for replying. Do you have any idea how could I rewrite it to the FX5U?

Edited by Boclo

It's called a variable.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, Boclo said:

I talk about the blocks in the program in the question, which, if you have eyes, can see in the images attached, and i insist, if you have eyes, you can see they have instructions for the hmi.

Just some advise,

Don't be an a-hole to the people that are trying to help you. Just because you don't understand what you are talking about doesn't give you the right the be an a-hole to the people actually trying to help you out.

Thanks

1 person likes this

On 3/22/2022 at 1:03 PM, Boclo said:

4.jpg

In your third picture the PLC Variable "HMI_DIS_PUSHER_ON" which I am going to guess is "HMI Signal for Discharge Pusher ON" is compared in Ladder/Rung 21 to generate two outputs.  Ladder/Rung 22 handles the Invalid Cases where it is Zero (0) or Greater Than Three (3).  I suspect you'll find a multi-state switch or selector in your HMi Program that controls the value of this variable.

Watching the suggested tutorial or something like it would also help your understanding.

Best of luck as you learn two PLC/HMI Systems.

An as you're an intern, I'd ask your supervising engineer what training materials he/she can provide.

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2....1  -- Spoon back on the hangar.