MarcoPLC

Expansion PLC Omron CP1W-AD042

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, can you help me how to make input program analog CP1W-AD042

IMG-20220319-WA0007.jpeg

Hello Marco, based on AD041 I am familiar with, you may refer to attached screen shot. After that you may use SCL2 function (noting that numeric example in Omron  manual is wrong ) to scaling your AI ND consume it in your program logic.  Resolution is 6000 but full scale may change according to your input ( volt / mA) that has to be specified in PLC setting section. I hope it helps.

immagine_2022-03-19_080434.png

cp1w.jpg

Configuration and programming information is in the W450 manual.

You can download the manual from your local Omron website.

gtsuport

hello Marco, clearly the manual is the reference N.1 however there is some learning curve and may be you need some guidance. As a start you need to know that AI Expansion Units  setting has to be done via available OUTPUT channels in your PLC, in the same manner input AI readings shall be done via available INPUT channels. This is the main difference compared with an AI embedded in your PLC. However in your case, I see another Expansion Unit directly attached to the PLC so it will consume its own IO Channels and you have to take it into account when you are programing your AI module. Speaking of Expansion module, please note that they are channel consumer,  AI/O or Boolean I/O cahnnel there is not difference, so if you have a module to the left of your AD42 keep in mind that this is consuming channels that you cannot made avaialble for other modules so you should study also this module manual. Finally, when you made your AI avaialble and converted into HEX you need to scale it in engineering units via SCL, SCL2 or APR. Experienced users prefer APR because is BCD free but is just matter or personal preference. Just in case, there is another similar issue in the forum so you may check it out.