gtsuport

CP1E Stepper Control

4 posts in this topic

PM from Taskin

Hello sir,

I'm looking for your help.

I have done a program in omron cp1e N40DT-A PLC to run a stepper motor.

But I can't run the motor.

Looking for your cordial help please if you waste little bit time for me.

Thanks,

Taskin

Will need more information, or post your current program.

gtsuport

There is a lot of information in the manual for Pulse Output control. You should review it carefully.

Here are some points that are helpful.

If performing Absolute positioning, make sure to perform an Origin first using the INI instruction. You can perform all position moves using the PLS2 instruction. You can use the P_ER contact immediately after the PLS2 instruction to identify an instruction error and ensure you have input valid values.

Before looking for motion, make sure the output is turning ON. This way you can verify your programming before troubleshooting the wiring.

This article may also help you. Though written for a CJ1M processor the principles apply just as well to a CP1E

ALSO remember that if you change PLC settings for motion these MUST be downloaded to the PLC AND most importantly the PLC power must be cycled OFF->ON for the new settings to take effect.

Edited by BITS N BYTES

21 hours ago, BITS N BYTES said:

ALSO remember that if you change PLC settings for motion these MUST be downloaded to the PLC AND most importantly the PLC power must be cycled OFF->ON for the new settings to take effect

I've been using Omron products for over 30 years. This will still get me once in a while!