DynaxPLC

CC Link Settings

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a project where i will be adding a new R04CPU to an existing CCLink network via RJ61BT11.

The existing network has 5 stations and the Master module is a QJ61BT11N. 

I am new to CCLink and have tried learning more through the manuals but i still have unanswered questions i cant seem to find answers to.

1.  By adding this RJ61BT11 to the existing network as station 6, I will have to configure the settings on the RO4CPU for the RJ61BT11, aswell as on the QCPU for the master QJ61BT11N. Is this correct?
  2. By adding this to the network using the CCLink Configuration Tool in GXWorks2, I get the error (The Refresh Device settings are overlapping). Its referring to the Remote Inputs/Ouputs and the Remote Registers. How do I know what to set these ranges to? 
  3. If these ranges change, Will this effect the current program that is referencing certain inputs/outputs and addresses? Or will it only add to the end of the existing range, therefore leaving the addresses used intact?

Im going to attach an image of  the Current, Existing settings (No implementation of the RJ61BT11) that are working on the machine.

My goal is to implement the new R04 PLC to handle a vision application and transfer data between the main machine (QPLC), such as recipe data, and vision results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CC Settings.png

Adding more devices to the network will use more addresses in those ranges, and I suspect the issue is RWr will overlap into RWw.  They should be farther apart.

Your new device cannot be set for a node address under 16, those are all in use.  Look at the second number in the station number columns, the first is simply a device number, the second is the first station number.  Some of those devices occupy 4 stations.  Stations through 15 are all used.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Adding more devices to the network will use more addresses in those ranges, and I suspect the issue is RWr will overlap into RWw.  They should be farther apart.

Your new device cannot be set for a node address under 16, those are all in use.  Look at the second number in the station number columns, the first is simply a device number, the second is the first station number.  Some of those devices occupy 4 stations.  Stations through 15 are all used.

Understood, Thanks.  Just so i understand, The RWr and RWw are part of the same register, (Which is why they can overlap), Its just specified the range for each so they dont overlap? I thought at first they were entirely different registers , but that makes sense.   

The screenshot was without making any changes to the existing configuration. I planned on adding it as Station 16, but the other question i had is how to determine stations occupied, and other info. I read from other posts on the forum that info should be in the manual for that device, but i cant find it in the manual for the RJ61BT11.     

Any idea on that one?  Thanks again!

Ive got the station address set correctly and the settings for it seem correct.

I am curious, How do you know what to set the registers to?

They are currently set to B700 to B0B40.   What is the reason behind choosing these? It seems its related to the number of stations used, but i cant seem to find a rhyme or reason.

There's no right or wrong way to set them.  They are setting where the data will be found in the controllers memory.  You can use any memory area you like.

B is bit based, so it makes referencing the individual inputs and outputs easy.

W is word based, so it would occupy words of memory and individual bits could be addressed with a period, such as W10.0.

Both B and W address in hex, most people use these for CC-Link because of its default allocation size being 32 bits in and out per station... so station 1 would be B700-B71F, and so on...

1 person likes this

RWr is read word data, RWw is write word data, they should definitely NOT overlap...  But both can be in any memory area...

33 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

There's no right or wrong way to set them.  They are setting where the data will be found in the controllers memory.  You can use any memory area you like.

B is bit based, so it makes referencing the individual inputs and outputs easy.

W is word based, so it would occupy words of memory and individual bits could be addressed with a period, such as W10.0.

Both B and W address in hex, most people use these for CC-Link because of its default allocation size being 32 bits in and out per station... so station 1 would be B700-B71F, and so on...

Very helpful and exactly what i was wondering.

Thanks for the reply!