Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlmo

Fernhill Connection Using OPC UA for Two AB PLCs (Master and Slave)

2 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Has anyone had the experience of connecting two Fernhill Scada units using an OPC UA? 

I am intending to use Fernhill Scada on my Master PLC to read tags from my Slave PLC's Fernhill Scada. Then, displaying local tags (Master PLC, "Fernhill SCADA Unit 1") and read/scanned tags from the Slave PLC, "Fernhill SCADA Unit 2".

In the meantime, I am trying to use both of my Fernhill SCADA units interact with each other (one unit to read tags from the other unit) by using Internal Digital Tag on the Fernhill SCADAs. 

Any help would be appreciated.

It has been a couple of months and no one appears to have an answer and neither do I, but if we clarify what you're trying to do that may help.

From your post it sounds like you have the following :

1)  MasterPLC  {You need to identify Model and Version} talking to Fernhill Scada Unit 1.

2)  SlaverPLC  {You need to identify Model and Version} talking to Fernhill Scada Unit 2

IT is unclear to me if you are trying to send tags from MasterPLC to SlavePLC {Allen Bradley Produced/Consumed Tags or Messages} or trying to send tags from Fernhill Scada Unit 1o Fernhill Scada Unit 2 {utilizing OPC UA??}. 

Clarifying that point and detailing the hardware might get you an answer..