mustafa.celik

Hmi modbus TCP/IP device communication

7 posts in this topic

Hi all;

I have Delta DOP110 IS hmi and i have a modbus tcp device.

I want to communicate hmi and device with modbus tcp/ip but i didnt understand device's register address.

For example, input bytes 0,1 analogue control word, What is the register address?

40.000 or 40.001 can you help me ?

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

input byte 0 = 0000
input byte 1 = 000F

The actual Modbus message uses zero-based addressing for Modbus registers, which in this case would be address 00 for input byte 0, address 01 for input byte 1.

The development software for the HMI might use one-based addressing, where for Input registers,
(3)0001 = address 00
(3)0002 = address 01

It is not clear whether these are Input Register (read with Function Code 04, cannot write to an Input Register), except for the statement, "16 unsigned unteger values are expected as input data."

Holding registers are read with Function Code 03 and can be written to using Function Code 16 (decimal, 0x10).   But you'll have to discover whether the listed registers are Input or Holding registers by discovering which function code reads the data and whether you can read write to any particular register with FC 16 (decimal)

I dont understand a register for example 30.001 is 16 bit register, a byte is 8 bit.

So i think input byte 0 and input byte 1 is together a register, Am i wrong?

I think this document writes for the device. Device's input data is PLC's output data.

Attached is the document of modbus TCP device.

FB-Ethernet-DLT6096-15-aEN-158.rar

Set the DELTA to TCP/IP (5 Digits). Let us know.

4.PNG

Thank you for your comment but this type addressing isn't modbus addressing type. The document that i found had wrong title.This is profibus addressing. 

OK, now I'm confused because your opening manual screenshots says "Modbus Registere". It also says to use Fiunction 16 for multiple registers. Sound a lot like Modbus to me.

Please clarify which your using.

Delta Modbus.gif