Maintenance2

Panel Mount Digital Pressure Switch

4 posts in this topic

Company wants a digital pressure switch panel mounted in a 8x8x6 enclosure on a machine, near where the operator stands for ease of adjustment. The enclosure will also have two 120v indicator lights. They want lights and pressure switch to be door mounted. I have seen many vacuum switches panel mounted but never a 120psi mounted in a panel with 120v and never seen one door mounted. The enclosure has a side hinged door that will swing open. Is this practical to do? How do I plumb the pressure switch so that it can swing open with the door? Has anyone seen 120psi fed into an electrical enclosure? Thanks.

Not a problem.  Just need flexible tubing with an extra loop or two to accommodate the swing of the door.  Minimum bend radius might be trouble in that small a box.  Also, in the U.S. in all codes I'm familiar with, the box will need a screw clamp closure or a door interlock due to the 120V.

Given this is happening in the USA it seems, I'll throw one small flag on the idea. 

NFPA 70E & Arc Flash  - If an Operator is having to open a panel to adjust the switch and there is exposed 120 VAC inside, NFPA 70E guidelines will need to be applied.

1 person likes this

The United Electric Excela line has a digital read-out pressure switch (easy to change setpoint) with a couple wall-mount flanges.  Would that help? 

Note that the output is to connect to a PLC discrete input; it is not a traditional pressure switch microswitch with dry contacts.

https://www.ueonline.com/products/general-purpose/excela/

UE Excela.JPG