pszczepan

NT2S-SF121B - old and new firmware

4 posts in this topic

Hi

Old NT2S-SF121B has a problem with key and we decided to exchange to new NT2S-SF121B. With old HMI I could only connect via software NT 2ST ver 1.3C and I was able to upload application. Using NTXS ver 1.04 I couldn't connect to old HMI. New HMI I can connect only to NTXS ver 1.04, but I can't connect to old software NT2ST. 

Finally original application I have with extension *.HMI from NT2ST, but for NTXS I need file with *.pzm.

Is any way to connect to both HMI from the same software - maybe I need some special version of NT2ST or NTXS? 

The only way to migrate application from old HMI to new one, is to rewrite HMI code from NT2ST to NTXS?

thanks for clue

Edited by pszczepan

Every time I see one of these in the forums, there are no responses. I had experience with these many many years ago and the only thing I remember is it was very cumbersome. Hopefully the application is small because I believe you will have to rewrite. 

If it's worth it to you, I would purchase an NV since you will likely have to rewrite. They have a small footprint, inexpensive and the software is installed with CX One.

My recollection NT2S was a rebranded product from someone in India.  As the vendor changed the product, they released new software, so I don't think you will find one software that does all version of the NT2S.

I am trying to find a solution to my problem but till now no success.

Now I have old HMI - 
NT2S (NT2S-SF121B-E   V2.00C   Driver 06.00E) connected to R88A-MCW151
From Old HMI I uploaded api using NT2ST

To new HMI
- NT2S (NT2S-SF121B-E   V2.10A    Driver 06.00D) I connect using NTXS 1.04 only

I made code migration and it is probably done correct - If you have time and programs please verify -

https://we.tl/t-2n0uFUN80P

Unfortunately, when I connect new HMI I don't get any prepared screen

Thats why I have some question

In NT2ST communication is set as HostLink C200H

C200H.jpg.a56e31d270236cadd4c3ef2dcc905e

What PLC model should I set in NTXS - I set some "H" model  I don't see C200H. Polish Omron support wrote me that NTXS doesn't support C200H - is it true?

Connection cable - pin out, between HMI and MCW151 should be the same in both HMIs?

Edited by pszczepan