Krr

NX EC0212 Incremental Encoder

5 posts in this topic

I have a machine with NX EC0212 installed. I need to do modification on it, and i reach a point where i need to reset the counter. Looks like i CAN NOT make the current counter value on 0 in 1 cycle.

Maybe i missed something but to reset the counter i set the InternalResetExecution flag to 1 then i wait for feedback in InternalResetComplete then i return the InternalResetExecution to 0 and now i have the current value of the counter to 0.....Comparing to the resetting a counter when i use the built in input of the PLC connected to the encoder directly - i just put 0 in the address of the counter current value, and i have the counter reset right away(just use MOV #0...) - my question is: is there any way i can reset the counter(NX EC0212) with just one instruction....

Any help will be appreciated

The counter reset is a function of the PLC because HSC is performed in hardware. What is the PLC model?

In most cases it will be a bit in "A" memory. Take a look at the Operation Manual as opposed to the Programming Manual.

Edited by IO_Rack

57 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

The counter reset is a function of the PLC because HSC is performed in hardware. What is the PLC model?

In most cases it will be a bit in "A" memory. Take a look at the Operation Manual as opposed to the Programming Manual.

The PLC is NX1P2. Yes it is a bit in memory but to reset the counter i need to provide a complete pulse to InternalResetExecution (set to 1 then set to 0). While the state is 1 the counter doesn't count it waits to become 0 (InternalResetExecution). So that's why i can not reset it in 1 cycle... or i am completely wrong?

I should mentioned that i do not have access to the machine. I have a PLC with me without the NX EC0212 so i can not try it i rely only on the documentation....but because the machine is far away i need to prepare myself before i go there.

Edited by Krr

Encoder cards have bits to enable or reset the value, but they are not mapped by default. You have to map, if I don't remember wrong, the STATUS word inside the configuration of the module. Then you can either map that word to a variable or the individual bits you want as contacts/coils, and set the reset coil ON for a single cycle.

I made this in the past, I'll look for the code and post it.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, viman said:

Encoder cards have bits to enable or reset the value, but they are not mapped by default. You have to map, if I don't remember wrong, the STATUS word inside the configuration of the module. Then you can either map that word to a variable or the individual bits you want as contacts/coils, and set the reset coil ON for a single cycle.

I made this in the past, I'll look for the code and post it.

Pretty sure the NJ and NX don't have control words anymore, and there are settings in the module when you right click on it and select Edit Unit Operation Settings. 

Then variables get mapped to the module's data in the I/O Map window.