Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vasilevdim

HMI Beijer 1101 to Printer Ethernet Connection

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to connect Laser Monochrome Printer to Beijer 1101, but all the time I am getting  error "Bad Network Path to Printer". Went trough the manual, it says that the path definition cannot be IP address and it must be compatible to UNC definition. Tried different options and settings, no luck. Any ideas?

UNC indicates a Windows-compatible named printer.

Thank you for your reply, Phill, good to see you in this forum too! 

Indeed, in the manual is mentioned that windows based PC must be placed between HMI and network printer to make it printing, but I am a bit confused...how exactly physically to install it in between ...a PC with two network cards both in the same IP range, or just a PC in the same network? I could not figure out that...?

If the printer doesn't support the windows printing protocols, then you need a windows PC and set up the printer from it, and make it sharable.  Then that product can use the printer on the PC.

1 person likes this

The printer support windows printing protocols. The question is what value to be inserted for Network Path in Printer properties:

I have tried the printer name, it did not work...

Printer.PNG

Try

\\ipaddress\printername

or

\\hostname\printername

Tried, but nothing...I tried different approach using USB Printer server, which worked perfectly with Siemens MP700 HMI, but with Beijer E1101, no luck...