BobLfoot

Inflation - Cost Increases

9 posts in this topic

Just received an email from my local RA Distributor stating Rockwell is raising all prices 8.8% effective March 6th.  Anyone else seen similar from their RA supplier?

Yes.  And ridiculous lead times on standard items and only getting worse.

I'm seeing the same thing with components. I needed some Nichicon 100uF 35V electrolytic capacitors a few days ago and Mouser had less than 200. That would normally be an item that they stocked 10,000 of. Some things, like connectors, are 6 months out at best

I talked to an integrator today who told me that on upgrades, his customers are now demanding change-over to Allen Bradley. Apparently lead time on Siemens controllers & components are 18+ months. 

More great news - A PLC CPU ordered Jan 27th was due in March 1st and now is due May 4th.  We'll see if that gets delivered.

SI also just told me RA Order Backlog for this time of year is usually $1B US but is is $5B US this year.

Here in Europe I'm seeing 7+ months for plcs, relays, inverters, even terminal blocks, along 4-10% raise. Insane. I have been expecting an Omron CJ CPU for more than a year and a half, and they told me things are getting worse actually.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, BobLfoot said:

More great news - A PLC CPU ordered Jan 27th was due in March 1st and now is due May 4th.  We'll see if that gets delivered.

SI also just told me RA Order Backlog for this time of year is usually $1B US but is is $5B US this year.

UPDATE - NOW DELAYED TO JUNE 3RD

Just received word from my Rockwell Distributor, new guidance from RA everything that used to be "IN STOCK" now has anywhere from 60-180+ days lead times.

Not my document to circulate, but you might want to ask your RA distributor about lead times on new orders.