nprsut

.gps file help

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am working on a plc upgrade and the client provided the old code file which has the extension .gps. Can anyone tell me what type of code file this is? And second, is there anyone I could hire to open this file and create a pdf version of it for me?

Thanks.

Gppw.gps

that seem to be part of Mitsubishi PLC project. note that the GX Developer project would be a collection of files and folders and - you only got one file. tell client to ZIP entire project folder and send it to you

mitsu.jpg

15 hours ago, panic mode said:

that seem to be part of Mitsubishi PLC project. note that the GX Developer project would be a collection of files and folders and - you only got one file. tell client to ZIP entire project folder and send it to you

mitsu.jpg

Awesome, thank you. I will do that now.

It helps if you say what kind of PLC... in this case the file name made it obvious, but in most cases that wouldn't help.  More detail helps with more accurate responses.

32 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

It helps if you say what kind of PLC... in this case the file name made it obvious, but in most cases that wouldn't help.  More detail helps with more accurate responses.

I understand, but I do not know what kind of PLC it is and that is what I was trying to figure out. A client has purchased this piece of equipment and they want me to replace the PLC in it. Thank you for the feedback.

since PLC is in the machine, they can literally take few photos of it. and since they have backup, they can provide it in full, rather than piecemeal. then anyone with suitable software will be able to open project. that file you posted is actually text file. open it in a text editor and see how much you can learn from it.

1 person likes this

If they had the machine I would have them send photos, however they do not have it in their facility yet. They asked me to install a new PLC, and I asked for the code to save time. The file attached is all they provided. Now I know it is a mitsubishi, and the few encounters I have had with mitsubishi in the past GX-Works was backwards compatible. Hopefully this will be the case this time.

22 hours ago, nprsut said:

If they had the machine I would have them send photos, however they do not have it in their facility yet. They asked me to install a new PLC, and I asked for the code to save time. The file attached is all they provided. Now I know it is a mitsubishi, and the few encounters I have had with mitsubishi in the past GX-Works was backwards compatible. Hopefully this will be the case this time.

GX Works can go back to quite a few older models, but without knowing the model number of the PLC, who can tell.  I would wait until the machine is present and powered on and pull a complete backup of the PLC, because if the vendor sent you that one file, they clearly do not know a thing about PLCs.

1 person likes this