Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vikrantragit05

FX3GE communication with KEPServerEX via UDP protocol

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to communicate KEPServerEX with FX3GE vis UDP protocol. I have tried but unable to get data on Kepserver.

While configuring communication properties in PLC we have configured PLC IP, PLC Port, Destination IP, but unable to find correct Destination Port. Although we tried various port nos like 49320, 57412, 57512, 56233, 1025, 32402, 57212, 57012, 57612, 57812 but there was bad quality data using UDP

For same PLC using TCP/IP we were able to read all tags properly.

This change in communication protocol is required as there are some PLCs whose communication port drops after few days of connection establishment (no error logged; can be re established with just restart). Someone from Mitsubishi said to try communication via UDP as it continuously fetch data regardless of kind of response received.

If anybody has tried or have any solution, please do share.

Thanks

You can download the trial version of PeakHMI and try the FX3 UDP port for verification.

I do recall configuring the controller for UDP was interesting.

Something like this:

62138e2c1fa92_NewBitmapImage.png.dc09652

Edited by Mark-

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the support. The verification was successful with the tool mentioned above. Still I am unable to connect KEPServer to PLC with same config.

If there's anything you have tried, please so share.

3 hours ago, vikrantragit05 said:

Thanks for the support. The verification was successful with the tool [PeakHMI] mentioned above.

Still I am unable to connect KEPServer to PLC with same config. If there's anything you have tried, please so share.

Of course I would say "Switch to PeakHMI", it has OPC DA server included. As to Kepware, I have only looked at the trail versions and each time it worked as expected.  I have not trialed Kepware with FX3.

Edited by Mark-