Gobot78

New To Mitsubishi GX2

15 posts in this topic

Im always looking for a clever way to remember what plc name or type goes with what on the communication type/ on the test screen. A plc or a I/O module connection and how to diferentiate between with the naming sceme.

Needing a better way to remember how too see the plc name in cabnet and select what type of plc and connection is needed to be selected on the software steps....

How do I determime what type plc to select in the drop down list?? How would I know? What series naming goes with what listed in drop down list?

What plc connection type and what name in the list on gx2 is needed with the pictured PLC type? How would i know?

Also is there a list of steps to getting online with gx2?

20220217_005922.jpg

Picsart_22-02-18_13-02-50-036.jpg

20220201_014151.jpg

Edited by Gobot78

Your picture is of a power supply, the CPU is to the right.  And you should see the part number right on the CPU to tell you what to select.

As far as the communication method, that depends completely on how you want to connect to the CPU, it has nothing to do with the controller type selected.

Ok thanks this is the Plc type that im looking for in the drop down menu...

Is there an easy way to remember the type or series of plcs 

Q series?

x series?

thanks alot

Picsart_22-02-19_19-19-22-379.jpg

First letter of part number is Q, so this is Q Series.

Thanks so Q series means this exact plc model will be on plc drop down list or how can i remember what selection goes with what plc?

20220219_025327.jpg

I don't think there's a magic wand to remembering PLC part numbers.  You'll learn some, you'll look up others.  Have user manuals or product manuals available to do the lookup.  A pile of various Manual PDFs organized in folders by brand is a big help, especially when in the field away from the internet.

18 hours ago, Gobot78 said:

Thanks so Q series means this exact plc model will be on plc drop down list or how can i remember what selection goes with what plc?

Q series is a family or series of products. Products of one family tend to have similar characteristics such as form factor, instruction set, supported types of expansion modules, memory type etc. individual members of the family will have some differences such as memory size or maybe CPU speed etc.

to get familiar with something you need to spend more time with it. study catalog and manuals, do some programming. really important thing here is to use correct manuals so you need to be able to identify products you use. 

1 person likes this

On 2/22/2022 at 1:19 PM, Gobot78 said:

20220219_025327.jpg

I have no idea what you are asking here.  When you go into the software to create a project, you pick the part number of the CPU.  The whole part number, as shown on the CPU.  What is there to remember?

If software matches what is in the plc type choices that would be great. Otherwise seems like i guessing the first part of the modle numher is the same for them all.

15 hours ago, panic mode said:

Q series is a family or series of products. Products of one family tend to have similar characteristics such as form factor, instruction set, supported types of expansion modules, memory type etc. individual members of the family will have some differences such as memory size or maybe CPU speed etc.

to get familiar with something you need to spend more time with it. study catalog and manuals, do some programming. really important thing here is to use correct manuals so you need to be able to identify products you use. 

Thanks alot. I was really liking Allen Bradley it seemed straight forward. Hopfully I can find tricks to remember which PLCs go with that in the drop down list. Like updated PLCs just have a prefix added to the name ect

Again I have no idea what you are saying here.  I've worked with Allen Bradley too, and you always pick the part number of the CPU you are working with. For example, I have a CompactLogix, and I have to select 1761-L32 as CPU type.  CompactLogix is a name, like Q Series.  Q04UDEH is a part number, like 1761-L32.

I do not get how this is different or you need to remember a trick...  If the part number starts with A, it's an A Series.  Q for Q Series, R for R Series (also called iQ-R), and then the FX models, FX3, FX5, etc.

1 person likes this

Again, You dont need to as Im learning for myself. Im finding ways to learn my way.  

On 2/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, Crossbow said:

First letter of part number is Q, so this is Q Series.

Ok Thanks is there a a way of knowing if thats Qcpu Q or Qcpu A mode? ok Whats Qnacpu?

On 2/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, Crossbow said:

I have no idea what you are asking here.  When you go into the software to create a project, you pick the part number of the CPU.  The whole part number, as shown on the CPU.  What is there to remember?

Im just trying to Catorgize each one of these in memory  I have three or 4 different options

Screenshot_20220311-175959_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Gobot78

On 3/10/2022 at 4:45 PM, Gobot78 said:

Ok Thanks is there a a way of knowing if thats Qcpu Q or Qcpu A mode? ok Whats Qnacpu?

Almost every single QCPU ever sold is in Q mode.  The QCPU A Mode thing was a very limited sale option that programmed like an A Series.  I think the Mode light would be amber or red if it was in A mode, and normally green.  But it's been a decade since I've touched one of these CPUs.

QnA Series is legacy product, came between A Series and Q Series.  Been obsolete since 2005.