Stefan009

NA5 Variables pink when previously working

7 posts in this topic

Hi.

In one of the projects, last time i have opened it, i fixed the 150 or so variable mappings on the hmi and could compile.

But after closing sysmac and then later open the same project, almost all variables gets market pink and "Variable mapping" is cleared out.
I have re-added the variable mapping several times before, and it seems to vanish between sysmac restarts

Any idea why this happens and how to make it stop? Because re-adding 150 mappings takes forever.

disp.thumb.png.6e460d6c637a38ef1e5dc3b34

I also get this when i re-adding

blargh.png.b0b80852f4210b515db115267c3fb

Edited by Stefan009

"An item with the same key has already been added."

You need to delete the variables from the Global Variables table and unmap them. I would then build the project, map the variables again. They should be automatically added to the Global Variables list. You can not map the same variable twice.

I don't know why if would suddenly be unmapped after closing and reopening.

1 hour ago, Stefan009 said:

Because re-adding 150 mappings takes forever.

When you get them added properly, copy and paste them into a spread sheet. This obviously doesn't fix the problem but will make things much easier.

18 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

"An item with the same key has already been added."

You need to delete the variables from the Global Variables table and unmap them. I would then build the project, map the variables again. They should be automatically added to the Global Variables list. You can not map the same variable twice.

I don't know why if would suddenly be unmapped after closing and reopening.

When you get them added properly, copy and paste them into a spread sheet. This obviously doesn't fix the problem but will make things much easier.

Thanks, took an hour or two to re-do all the variables and with the saving, because first save try always popped up the same error message about double variable, and then the second save just after, worked.

This sounds like a bug in sysmac somewhere, as I recently had something similar.

Opening a project that was all ok & had the EIP mappings are broke. I need to check if this was from an import or version upgrade tho.

13 hours ago, lostcontrol said:

all ok & had the EIP mappings are broke

That happens if you don't have the EDS files in your install.

The variable mapping can also change if the name of the PLC CPU was changed.  Perhaps when you went online to transfer to the CPU it asked about setting the controller name, and you picked to keep the name from the controller?

In the mapping you can see the name of the controller is part of the AT column, which shows the mapping to the controller. 

You may also see something similar after uploading from the HMI, look under the Device References in the Multiview Explorer and see if there are two, one showing an error.  Go into that one and click 'Relink Controller' or something along those lines, and it will combine the two and fix the errors.