ashraf

Replacing CQM1H - CPU51

8 posts in this topic

I want to replace my old CQM1H-CPU51

WITH NEW ONE SUCH CJ1M 

It possible or it will be errors

The physical I/O may be different. There may be some errors with instructions but they are easy to replace with Omron. They are very good with backwards compatibility. Also, the fact that you have a CQM1H ("H" model) will make it even easier. The instruction set is much different between the CQM1 and the CQM1H. Do you have CX Programmer? This is easy to try in software. Can you post the program?

I want to change CQM1H to CJ1M it works or not 

and how to change high speed Counter from CQM1H to CJ1M

Yes I have Cx 

Edited by ashraf

Yes it works but it may take some adjustments. For starters, double click the PLC in the project tree. Then change the Device Type and Settings to the new PLC. The program will convert. Note:  You will have to change the addresses for your physical I/O in the program.

Your High Speed Counter will be different. It is built in on the CQM1H. You will need to purchase a CJ1W-CT021 module for the CJ1M. The programming will be a little different.

If you can post your program we can answer questions more directly.

We are not here to do your integration work for you for free.  Integrators are paid to make the program modifications.  If you do not know how to review the program to determine what changes are required, I would strongly caution you to hire a system integrator familiar with Omron to assist.  As he stated, the conversion will require a thorough review of the program to determine what must be updated, and your high speed counter functions will need to be completely rewritten.

Also, CJ1M is long obsolete.  If you are replacing the CPU, you should at least go to a CJ2 series to be more current.  Why upgrade from one obsolete system to another?

1 person likes this

Sorry,I didn't mean any thing wrong 

I want some help for my program

Thanks for your advice about CJ2

Edited by ashraf

1)  Verify the actual machine with the electrical schematics.

2)  Identify all the physical I/O in the current program and label them before performing the conversion.

3)  Evaluate and completely understand the HSC and Interrupt control. This will indeed need to be re-written. 

If you are not a programmer, I would take Crossbow's advice to seek an integrator for this. Contact your local Omron representative. Some very good offices may be able to help you with the conversion. I'm not sure about distributers in Egypt. 

Also, depending upon the amount of I/O, you may want to use a CP series PLC. They have built in HSC but it will still need to be re-written.

1 person likes this