Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krr

Best way to connect with Visual C#

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I am trying to get access to a PLC CP1L whit Microsoft Visual Studio and especially Visual C#....

Now i found on internet OPC server which is free for up to 32 tags, and this is perfect for the project i am on. The name of the server is MasterOPC.

I connect to the PLC from the application coming with MasterOPC installation, but i can not find any OLE-component to implement it in Visual Studio. Do i miss something?!?!?

Do i need third party application (a DLL- file from separate provider) to be able to communicate with the server from Visual C#.....doesn't sound logically for my-the OLE component of the server should come with the installation. Is there any one with similar or the same experience to help me understand, and most important to succeed to use the server from C#.

Thank You in advance!

Edited by Krr

OPC servers are for collecting data.  You still need a package to read the data from the OPC server into Visual Studio.  I am not sure what method you intend to use for that.  You may be able to not work with an OPC server and just find communication software for HostLink to VS directly.

if you have OPC server running on PLC, your Visual Studio will need to act as OPC client and you can get data from PLC

if you have OPC server running on PC, your Visual Studio will need to act as OPC client and you can get data from PC. But the server still need to somehow get the data from PLC.