hollywoodjmack

Factory Talk ME doesnt show Communication Setup

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am having an issue with FT View ME release number 5.00.00 (CPR9) where i can't set up communication between the plc and hmi.  Under RS Linx Enterprise it normally has a drop down window, or you double click it, and you setup the design and runtime communication.   mine doesn't have this option currently.  I tried deleting the RS Linx Enterprise and readding it with the same results.  Also i will hooking up a panelview plus 1000 2711P-T10C4D1 with a 2711P-RN6 communication module going to a SLC 5/04 (1754-L542C) that communicates on DH+, any tips on this once i get my communications setup working?  Can i create the program on the design with the ethernet connection, and then make it communicate with the plc on the runtime without buying any of the special adapters like the ANC-100e and such?  

Version 5 is not supported on a 64 bit operating system.

1 person likes this

@IO_Rack Good Catch.

@hollywoodjmack If you're in support I'd download and install FT View ME Studio Revision 12 and develop the application there and when you goto build application specify mer version 5.

Revision 12 is allegedly the last revision supporting 5.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the quick response.  It is on windows xp computer n I have setup communications before but it was a long time ago, I will upgrade it if you think it will cure it, I just wanted to let you know it was on windows xp.  Thanks again for your help 

20 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Revision 12 is allegedly the last revision supporting 5.

Mine does not. I'm not sure if there are previsions to make that happen. 

Version 5 should work on XP. I wouldn't upgrade on that PC. The newer 64 bit FTV will not run on XP. The changeover happened between version 6. 

Check the hardware version of your PVP. If it is version 6 or newer then get a new PC and the latest version of FTV. If it is version 5 or older then you will not be able to create a runtime file with the newer software. If that's the case then either try to get your old software to work or buy a new PVP.

To troubleshoot your old software.... check your Add/Remove programs in XP and make sure RSLinx Enterprise is listed. I've seen that once before when I did a fresh install. This was a long time ago so my memory only serves so much.

Okay thanks guys.  I will try what you suggest and hopefully it will work.

FTV version 11 lets you make version 5 .mer.

I think there is a patch from Rockwell that lets you do it with FTV version 12, but it will not from the standard install.

1 person likes this