vangiong

robot omron

10 posts in this topic

hi everyone

i want to observe real time robot movement on web using tcp but i don't know how. can anyone guide me?

thanks

You need to provide a whole lot more information.  What robot to start with?

In most cases, the answer is NO.  The robot is not a web server.  What you would need to do is collect information on the robot's current position and then create your own way to display that information.

Once you have the position data on your PLC you can use the WebServer function block to enable a webserver. It's not the most graphically appealing webserver but it will get the job done. Be sure to run it in a less critical task as it can bog down the PLC.

https://www.support-omron.fr/details/librairie.php?id=2017-03-06%20-%2016-12-54%20-%20612043031

I did see some recent FANUC Robots which had 4-D Displays on both the pendant and a remote webpage served from in the Robot Controller.  I don't recall the model and version at this time however.

10 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You need to provide a whole lot more information.  What robot to start with?

In most cases, the answer is NO.  The robot is not a web server.  What you would need to do is collect information on the robot's current position and then create your own way to display that information.

hi 

i am working with omron i4l and TM12 robot.
exactly i need to display the robot's movement coordinates to the web.

robot movements or coordinates or both? only coordinates is simple, just get data to your server and update values in page.

for movements you need to show robot. few options exist so here are some of the simplest.

install RoboDK (free version will do), insert robot you want to see, create some motions and play with it.

when done, export it as HTML. now you can open it in any browser and not just observe the motions but interact with it.

now that you have a working page (with correct 3D model, kinematics etc.), you need to modify it (or build your own that does similar job). in case of export, motions are stored in a lookup table that is embedded into HTML document. you will want to replace that by actual robot position value that is obtained from the real robot. This means your robot will need to have software (from factory or more likely created by you) that will connect to your webserver and stream robot position data at suitable interval. server can log this data or use it any way you like, for example to update joint positions in the mentioned page.

that is one approach... other is do it all from scratch. you can do OpenGL etc in a web browser. which approach is better suited for you is up to you. good luck.

for example see example export

RoboDK Export Example.html

3 hours ago, panic mode said:

robot movements or coordinates or both? only coordinates is simple, just get data to your server and update values in page.

for movements you need to show robot. few options exist so here are some of the simplest.

install RoboDK (free version will do), insert robot you want to see, create some motions and play with it.

when done, export it as HTML. now you can open it in any browser and not just observe the motions but interact with it.

now that you have a working page (with correct 3D model, kinematics etc.), you need to modify it (or build your own that does similar job). in case of export, motions are stored in a lookup table that is embedded into HTML document. you will want to replace that by actual robot position value that is obtained from the real robot. This means your robot will need to have software (from factory or more likely created by you) that will connect to your webserver and stream robot position data at suitable interval. server can log this data or use it any way you like, for example to update joint positions in the mentioned page.

that is one approach... other is do it all from scratch. you can do OpenGL etc in a web browser. which approach is better suited for you is up to you. good luck.

for example see example export

RoboDK Export Example.html

roboDK it records the movement of the robot and then outputs the HTML file. what I want is to be able to observe the robot's movement directly. thank

if you know how that is exactly what was suggested. another option with very low investment is to simply use live cam.

4 hours ago, vangiong said:

roboDK it records the movement of the robot and then outputs the HTML file. what I want is to be able to observe the robot's movement directly. thank

You ignored the part where panic mode said to modify the HTML to include dynamic positioning.  And where he said you'd need software from the robot vendor or similar 3rd party to read the dynamic values for you to put in the right places in your webserver.

No, this isn't simple.  And you are unlikely to get a magic wand from us to solve this.

that is correct. this is not a simple task. one need to know quite a bit to do it.

advantage of using mentioned approach is that many things are already supplied and easy to setup (robot, cell, and everything in it). also all the math is already done including kinematics and transforms.

the downside is that one still need to dive into the code and figure out how to swap the data feed. and that is just one of challenges. even though this is in "readable" source code, it is obfuscated by formatting. some of variable and function names are just 1 or 2 characters long. but knowledgeable and dedicated person could still take advantage of this rather than starting from scratch. if you have not worked with OpenGL, well... there is plenty of tutorials and books on the subject. good luck.

1 person likes this