Rzr

Upload from ABB PM5630 PLC to Computer

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new with ABB PLC. I need to upload project file from ABB PM5630 PLC (AC500) to my computer.

There is no SD card on the PLC. I read some documents and searched in Internet regarding uploading project file from ABB PLC but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Can I go on line without having the original project backup.

I installed Automation Builder V2.4.1 on my PC.

Any one can help to how to upload the project.

Thanks.

I ran into this same issue with a pm564eth. Customer needed help on an abandoned project. There was nothing on the SD card and each time i tried to upload i would get an error.

It seems unless they specifically store the project to the SD then you can't simply upload to your PC like Allen bradley (which i normally deal with)... And i thought just not getting comments was annoying!

Youll need the original project, if you get it, everything should be set up including communications they used to get online with it. Once i had my original project in hand, i was able to go online with the controller like normal.

Thank you 

IanM8040

• Sparky
  •  
  • IanM8040
  • MrPLC Member
  • 17 posts
  • United States

I ran into this same issue with a pm564eth. Customer needed help on an abandoned project. There was nothing on the SD card and each time i tried to upload i would get an error.

It seems unless they specifically store the project to the SD then you can't simply upload to your PC like Allen bradley (which i normally deal with)... And i thought just not getting comments was annoying!

Youll need the original project, if you get it, everything should be set up including communications they used to get online with it. Once i had my original project in hand, i was able to go online with the controller like normal.

Rzr
  • On Notify me of replies
  • Submit Reply

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •