Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kristof

Encoder for fx1n

7 posts in this topic

Hi all!

How can I use two AB phase encoder at the same time. I use Mitsubishi FX1N PLC, and I would like to use a high speed counter. I think the plc has 6 high speed counter input, but I cant use only one at same time.

There is a list in the manual for the device that shows which inputs can be used in which modes with high speed counters.  I think you can get 2 AB phase, to get to 6 you would need single phase encoders.  But it's very specific which inputs are used and which counter numbers they are attached to.  The manual should be in the downloads section here, I forget the number.

This should help you out.

Screenshot (10).png

1 person likes this

So i used Counter C251. X0 AND X1 in use. But the software only allows 1 High speed counter. I don't understand why I can't use another 5 counter at the same time. I hope my english is understandable.

5 hours ago, Kristof said:

I don't understand why I can't use another 5 counter at the same time

Because there aren't enough high-speed inputs to support five counters.  The bit assignments overlap.  But you can use two together, C252 & C253, or C254 & C255.

6 hours ago, pturmel said:

Because there aren't enough high-speed inputs to support five counters.  The bit assignments overlap.  But you can use two together, C252 & C253, or C254 & C255.

I try c252 and c253 but it didn't work. Do you know why? Or how can I use?

You can't use C252 because it uses the same inputs as your C251.  Review the chart posted above.  It shows if you want a second high speed input you need to use C253 or C255 with inputs X3 and X4.

Only X0-X5 are high speed inputs.  You wanted a dual channel input, so there goes 2 inputs, X0, and X1, with X2 allowing a reset input.  Another dual channel input, there goes 2 more, X3 and X4, with X5 allowing a reset input.  That's all 6 high speed inputs used.

1 person likes this