Krr

CP1L - Debug mode is disabled

7 posts in this topic

Hi every one!

I am new here. My question is simple: I have a PLC CP1L-E EL and i need to go to debug mode but the option is disabled. How to activate Debug mode?

I connect to the PLC without problems, i am able to download program inside but i can not find way to go to debug mode.

Any help will be grate appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Edited by Krr

I have never used debug mode but probably the PLC has to be in monitor mode and not run mode. Switch to monitor and give it a try.

Thank you for the answer! The same result-in monitoring mode the debug is still disabled. I have an old machine and to sense one of the sensors it use Interrupt. I need debug mode to check if the Input Interrupt is working when the Input is activated.

Debug mode is available on CV series PLCs

Yes i found this on the documentation too, but how to find if it is CV-series or not,,,I have 3 different models with me(CPM1A, CPM2A and CP1L) where sopuse to be written that is from the CV-series. May be on the model number????

Or it is completely differant PLC's---> https://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CV/W195-E1-08.pdf

Edited by Krr

The series is generally the first 2 letters - so all of your PLCs are CP series.

To test your interrupt simply set an unused bit in your PLC from within the interrupt routine. If you see this bit turn true then you know your interrupt executed

So there is no way i can put CPM2A into a debug mode.

OK! Thank You for the advice,