TheKosherPickle

FX0N-24MR ES to FX0N-24ER

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Looking for some info on replacing FX0N-24MR ES PLCs with the version without ES in the name. I'm working at a college and they have given me replacements for broken units, but they are without the ES at the end of the name. From what I can see this means they are Japanese units (could be wrong) but the manual doesn't mention the implications this has. The resulting issue for me is that when wired up with wiring from the original units they are not responding to inputs. Both are AC models and I can view and program them on them through handheld and PC connections. 

I'm by no means an expert here, so this may be something obvious that I'm missing. Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

I not really shore where the FXON-24MR really comes from because l think in this part of the world it is either FXON 24MR ES or DS. However l have just checked on eBay and there is a FXON 24MR available. It may be in the US as it is for sale with a $ price tag.

Rodney

Edited by Rodney

18 hours ago, TheKosherPickle said:

Hi all,

Looking for some info on replacing FX0N-24MR ES PLCs with the version without ES in the name. I'm working at a college and they have given me replacements for broken units, but they are without the ES at the end of the name. From what I can see this means they are Japanese units (could be wrong) but the manual doesn't mention the implications this has. The resulting issue for me is that when wired up with wiring from the original units they are not responding to inputs. Both are AC models and I can view and program them on them through handheld and PC connections. 

I'm by no means an expert here, so this may be something obvious that I'm missing. Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

From the hardware manual items with ES are "AC, World specification" and if nothing it is "AC, Japanese specification"

FX0/FX0N SERIES HARDWARE MANUAL (mitsubishielectric.com)

Unfortunately I cannot find what the differences are!

Capture.PNG

1 person likes this

Cheers guys! 

That's the table I found too after some digging in the manual. As far as physical differences go the version without the ES does not have a sink/source terminal, other than that I can't see any differences.

Pretty sure without the ES they are fixed (I forget sinking or sourcing) but it is different than the ES models that are selectable.

The sink or source is selectable by the S/S connection if 0 volts is connected then 24 volts is the input and if 24 volts is connected to S/S then 0 volts is the input.

ES/ESS is for transistor outputs Sinc/Source when PLC is 24MT.

In your case 24MR is with relay outpust (potential free contacts) separated in groups with common terminals com0, com1...

Fx0N-**ER is for compact extension I/O module with relay outputs, not main PLC unit.

24ER do not exist. Closest one is 40ER with 24 inputs and 16 outpust

Edited by glavanov
1 person likes this

On 2/2/2022 at 3:01 PM, Rodney said:

The sink or source is selectable by the S/S connection if 0 volts is connected then 24 volts is the input and if 24 volts is connected to S/S then 0 volts is the input.

Pretty sure the FX0N-24MR does not have an S/S terminal, while the FX0N-24MR/ES does.

It's in the topic title FX0N-24MR ES to FX0N-24ER