DnryzD

Allen Bradley Point I/O 1734-AENT

5 posts in this topic

I have a problem about Point I/O 1734-AENT, the problem is point bus status flashing red,
and input modul 1734 IB8 network status LED light red.
how can i solve the problem?

POINT IO 1734-AENT.PNG

Point modul 1734 IB8.PNG

Edited by DnryzD
to many picture

Because the indicators are on the POINTBus, it means a problem with the module itself or the POINTBus configuration.

Is the module newly installed, or has it been running for a while ?    If it failed after running for some time, and simple re-seating it or cycling power does not recover it, then the module must be replaced.

If it is newly installed, maybe the problem is in its slot number configuration.

2 people like this

On 29/1/2022 at 4:23 AM, Ken Roach said:

Because the indicators are on the POINTBus, it means a problem with the module itself or the POINTBus configuration.

Is the module newly installed, or has it been running for a while ?    If it failed after running for some time, and simple re-seating it or cycling power does not recover it, then the module must be replaced.

If it is newly installed, maybe the problem is in its slot number configuration.

it's failed after running, what is mean re-seating or cycling power ? or just restart the power of POINT 1734-AENT.

Re-seating means physically removing a circuit board, I/O module, controller card, etc, and reinstalling it. It's a bit of a placebo but surprisingly, solves a lot of problems.

Cycling the power means turning the power completely off, waiting the minimum amount of safe time, then turning power back on. If there is no safe time specified in the manual, one minute with power off is usually sufficient.