Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Narb2020

Panelview 600 plus

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I have a Panelview plus 600 ( I know it’s old but I’m trying to get it to work). It’s on a yogurt bucket filler, I don't have any application to run or to do anything. What software do I need on a computer to be able to transfer it to the panelview. Is this even possible? 
There is nothing in the memory right now but how to I program it and what program do I use? 
I’m in the Los Angeles area and even willing to pay for someone to come and do it. 
I need to get this to work, thank you so much. 

You'll need a backup copy of the project (*.apa file extension) or the runtime file (*.mer file extension). If you have the mer file, you can use a USB flash drive to transfer it (I think?? I'm pretty sure that even the older units had USB ports but I could be wrong). If all you have is the apa file, you will need Factory Talk View Studio for Machine Edition, which is licensed software that you'll have to purchase from your local Rockwell distributor. You would restore the apa file and then create a runtime mer file that's a lower/equal firmware version as the HMI....

<snip>

Ok, that was getting too long for the amount of time I have before an appointment. It may be simplest to call your local distributor for assistance. If they're as good/nice as ours, they'll probably be willing to stop by your plant and help you out with this. Make sure you watch like a hawk whoever does it so you can take notes for next time (there will be a next time...).

If you don't have the apa or mer file, you'll have to reach out to the machine builder. If that's a dead end,  you'll have to rebuild it from scratch.

1 person likes this