Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grasmussen

PV800 Numeric Entry

3 posts in this topic

Hello all. This is my first encounter with Rockwell's 2711R (PV800) HMI's. I am using model 2711R-T4T.

After putting together the screen programs, which include a number of Numeric Entry objects I quickly realized that the numeric entry dialog object is absolutely Unusable! Each of the keys are less that .125" square. Anybody have a suggestion or a work-around for this lackluster design?

BTW, I have tried to attach a screen shot showing the miniscule data entry dialog, but I keep getting an error saying Max file size id 3.91MB, even though the file is only 622KB

not sure what you got there, buttons should be good 0.5" or larger. maybe check videos like this.

you did not state what was the type of the image file you tried to attach, maybe problem is not the file size but the image resolution. try resampling it to something reasonable (1200x900) and try again.

I've seen issues on Rockwell's smaller screen HMIs (like the 4.3" PV+7) where stuff is hard to deal with. Like the built in alarm banner. They made it proportional to the screen size which makes the text way too small and blurry to read. I'm not surprised that the entry keypad is too small to use on the 4.3" PV800 as well. On some platforms, there's an option to use a larger keyboard. I've never used the PV800 so I don't know if that's an option. If not, and the built-in one is too small, you may have to make your own. Which is a pain, but I've done it for other reasons. Another option (that, honestly, I would much prefer) is to not use the PV800 at all. I tend to try to avoid CCW at all costs.