asteroidehk

Studio 5000 Powerflex Database Problem

5 posts in this topic

Hello Friends

I have a project with 3 Powerflex 525 EENET.

When I try to open the Drive properties the next message appears:

Host revision 6.1 was not found. Please create a database or download one from web updates. (http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/webupdate/index.html)

I have Studio 5000 v30 with Drive revision 1 to 5 in a VM.

So, I downloaded "AOP for PowerFlex Drives and SMCs (all Logix versions) v15.00.01" from de AB webpage and installed.

But now, NO revisions appears.

I have tried with another VM but the same occurs.

Also I have downloaded "All CCW and Logix Database Files - Updated 10/28/21" and the same occurs.

What can I do?

update the revision of your drive to the latest and match it in the studio project. 6.001 or 7.001, there is no 6.1 on the site for download so it may not be supported anymore and logix is detecting that?

I've often had issues with the correct version not being available. The simplest method I've found is to set the IP address of the drive from the HIM and connect it to the network. Then go into the PLC project and add the drive. In the add hardware dialog box, there's an option to "match drive" that then opens an RSWho window that lets you upload the database from the drive itself. You then have a perfectly matching drive in your project that you can then program. I just checked in v32 of Logix Designer and the dialog box is different. In the "Device Definition" dialog box, select "Upload" to grab the actual drive.

1 person likes this

@Joe E. is 100% correct. There are just too many variables when adding a drive to a CLX project. Drive model, frame size, HP, volts, firmware, etc, just to name a few, and it's such a pain to get all those matched manually.

In addition to Joe's method, when online with the CLX project I've been able to right-click on the network and select "Discover Module". That should pick up your PowerFlex drives and add them to the project just as if they were IO cards in a remote controller chassis, except of course you don't have to add the chassis.

1 person likes this

V6 is available on Rockwell site. I just checked my software and the V6 database installs. The latest aop moved databases on your computer. The installer tries to create a registry edit to point to the new location. If your security is like mine and prevented it, your databases are not pointed to correctly. I had to call Rockwell to show me where the reg edit was to fix

1 person likes this