Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kckku

NA HMI: Datatype not updating

8 posts in this topic

I made some changes to a datatype in the PLC side (adding some members to a data structure and deleting some unused ones). Normally this is automatically mapped to a datatype at the HMI side right? For whatever reason the datatype that is used at the HMI side doesn't reflect the changes that I have made at the PLC side. 

I can't find anyway to force a sync. I have tried deleting the structure and the variable at the PLC side and then pasting it back in to try to force a sync but this hasn't worked. 

Has anyone come across this? If so, how do I get around it?

As of now I am not able to compile the HMI project.

Are the PLC and HMI in the same project?  if so, it should be automatic.  I've done the same thing in the past and had no issues.  Building the HMI project should show a list of errors.

Deleting and recreating the variable on the PLC side is likely not the issue, have you tried the same on the HMI side?  Have you looked at Variable Mapping in the HMI project and verified the PLC name and data type are correct?

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Are the PLC and HMI in the same project?  if so, it should be automatic.  I've done the same thing in the past and had no issues.  Building the HMI project should show a list of errors.

Deleting and recreating the variable on the PLC side is likely not the issue, have you tried the same on the HMI side?  Have you looked at Variable Mapping in the HMI project and verified the PLC name and data type are correct?

Yes, it's the same project for both the HMI and the PLC. The names are correct for both variable and datatypes. For sure the data type in the PLC has an extra member which isn't showing up in the HMI side. I attached the compile error that I get when I try to build the HMI project.

My local Omron support contact seems to be stumped as well. I sent him the project to look at and he says he got it fixed by deleting the variable in the PLC and then pasting it back in. I haven't had a chance to try this yet since I got sidetracked to work on something else for the last few days.

2022-01-20_13-35-40.jpg

Do you have any custom IAG's in you HMI that reference the datatype you are changing?

I have encountered a similar problem before when I had custom IAG's in my project that referenced the datatype that I was changing, particularly when renaming or deleting members. I had to update them in my IAG project, and re-import them into my PLC/HMI project (remembering to delete the old version also). But that would only apply if you were using custom IAG's that referenced the datatype you are changing.

8 hours ago, BE said:

Do you have any custom IAG's in you HMI that reference the datatype you are changing?

I have encountered a similar problem before when I had custom IAG's in my project that referenced the datatype that I was changing, particularly when renaming or deleting members. I had to update them in my IAG project, and re-import them into my PLC/HMI project (remembering to delete the old version also). But that would only apply if you were using custom IAG's that referenced the datatype you are changing.

Actually that's a good point. There might be some IAGs in the program that are used to display time in seconds only.

When it rains, it pours. I had time to work on this last week but now I am swamped doing something else. I have to go back and check later this week.

Thanks.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:38 AM, kckku said:

Actually that's a good point. There might be some IAGs in the program that are used to display time in seconds only.

When it rains, it pours. I had time to work on this last week but now I am swamped doing something else. I have to go back and check later this week.

Thanks.

I checked for custom IAGs but didn't see any that should affect the mismatched datatype. I deleted all the unused IAGs though just in case.

Doing this still didn't help so I deleted the variable and datatype in the PLC project. I then renamed the datatype and then pasted the members back into the datatype. After doing this, everything worked again. Now the HMI datatype and variables are all good. Everything compiles without complaining. 

I don't know what happened but it seems like another weird Sysmac Studio bug. I don't know what I did to cause this but deleting the variable and structure, doing everything over again made the HMI and PLC sync up again.

How you did assign the structure from PLC to HMI before?

4 hours ago, scotty134 said:

How you did assign the structure from PLC to HMI before?

You actually don't have to assign the structure in the HMI. It's automatically mapped from the PLC to the HMI for you to use. This is why I never had this problem before. For whatever reason this time the project failed to do an update after I made a change to the structure in the PLC side.