Stefan009

Get full date & time into the plc?

5 posts in this topic

Hi.
I want to get the full date and time into the plc, where i want to calculate when current step and full sequence is expected to finish and then later present it back on the screen.

I tried to map the _HMI_DateTime to the controller, but it does not get added to the controller.

The PLC already has a clock variable.  Can it be used instead?

You should be able to create a variable in the PLC, map it in the HMI, then use a timed global event to copy the value from the HMI clock into that variable to send it back to the PLC.

56 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

then use a timed global event to

Thanks, never looked into global events, and have been looking for a timer somewhere in the controls / toolbox.

The PLC iirc ONLY have the time, but i need even date because there are some processes that can take a full day to complete.

I have used the "GetTime" function previously. It outputs a variable with a DATE_AND_TIME data type that includes both date and time. It is based on the clock in the PLC, which does track date and time.

I then used DT_TO_DATE & DT_TO_TOD to split up the date and time, but that was because I needed them to be separate for some CSV fields.

This was using an NX102 CPU. 

Edit: Screenshot didn't upload, apparently I can't upload JPEG files :-0

Edited by BE

14 hours ago, BE said:

Edit: Screenshot didn't upload, apparently I can't upload JPEG files :-0

It seems that attachments are not functioning again, we have made the site owners aware.