Kishan Patel

How to Reset a Timer in CX Programmer

5 posts in this topic

Can You explain me how can I reset a Timer so that after completion of the cycle, it automatically starts again from 0 sec in CX Programmer? I am working on a program for a Oxygen PSA Plant. In which the valves of 2 cylindrical tanks switches at a specified interval and the cycle keeps on repeating. Thank You.

The logic in front of the timer needs to turn FALSE to reset the timer.  Many people will use the completed output as a normally closed contact on the input so that it resets itself each time it ends.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:37 AM, Crossbow said:

The logic in front of the timer needs to turn FALSE to reset the timer. 

Other possible methods:
- Use CNR/CNRX instruction.
- Write desired time preset value to the timer present value, e.g. with MOV instruction.

Edited by Sergei Troizky

Hello Patel, may be I am missing something but, other than reset the TIM, you should have a variable duration idle status after each active sequence otherwise you have a unvariable operating condition (unless you press the STOP or RESET button).  You could try to program an active state (where the PLC is sending some OUTPUT), after that an idle state when PLC is OUTPUTTING something else (BTW this IDLE state will reset your timer and viceversa). According to the operating condition logic can be 1shot logic( a Reset Button will restart the process) or continuos.  You can check attached sample, if you want, and elaborate further on this.

TIM.jpg.373b895bc7a2525fd11cdcb547a151e7.

Create a new instruction (Press I), then enter SET or RSET + your variable.

krunker