Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faridl14

Shihlin AX2N-32mr Prog light blinks!

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I need help. I have a Shihlin AX2N-32mr, it was working properly but after its battery got dead, its Prog light blinks. I replaced the battery, then the battery light turned off, but the Prog light is still blinking, I have checked all input and outputs, all of the switches work. Also, there is a message on display which is in Chinese and I can't translate it. it looks like a warning.

Thank you.

Edited by faridl14

No experience with that particular PLC, but the Mitsubishi's I've worked with will commonly lose random chunks of the program and/or parameter settings when the battery dies.  If you scroll through the ladder, you will likely find big blank blocks marked out in yellow.  If you have a copy of the original program, you may just be able to reload it.  

1 person likes this

Shihlin AX2N is the same as Mitsubishi FX2N.  This PLC has no display, so not sure where you see this message.

The PLC is RAM memory based.  You let the battery go dead, the program is lost.  You will need someone to come and rewrite your program.  I hope you have a backup copy somewhere.

1 person likes this

On 1/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, Crossbow said:

Shihlin AX2N is the same as Mitsubishi FX2N.  This PLC has no display, so not sure where you see this message.

The PLC is RAM memory based.  You let the battery go dead, the program is lost.  You will need someone to come and rewrite your program.  I hope you have a backup copy somewhere.

Thank you so much. 

You're right. This type has no display, I meant HMI. It seems that I lost the program and because it's an old device, no longer supported.