JesusRCh

RsLogix 500 Tags

3 posts in this topic

Hi there. I'm working with a plc program (RsLogic500) at work but it doesn't have tags. For some reason I'm thinking that the developer of the program hide them, you know, in order to complicate us the things lol. I'm I right? If so, how can I find them? Thanks in advance

RSLOGIX 500 is last century programming and for the most part doesn't use tags.  IT uses Data Table Addresses.  You'll find booleans like B3/10 or B3:0/5 ; Integers like N7:1 or N77:17 ; Timers like T4:0 and Counters Like C5:1.  Also Floats like F8;5 and Control Registers for special instructions like R6:7.

Professional Programmers usually applied Symbols limited to 8 characters to help identify Data Table addresses.  And also Comments limited as they were.

Hope this helps.  If you're familiar with only with Connected Compinents Workbench or Studio 5000 stepping back to Logix 500  will be a "culture shock".

1 person likes this

Also these symbols and descriptions are only stored in the RSLogix 500 file, so if you uploaded the program from the PLC it will not include comments, you need a copy of the original RSLogix 500 file for that.

1 person likes this