simonongsk

Omron 1S Servo

5 posts in this topic

Hello:

Does anyone know the details explanation of the Homing Settings for the Axis?

Set the homing operation.
0: Proximity reverse turn/home proximity input OFF
1: Proximity reverse turn/home proximity input ON
4: Home proximity input OFF
5: Home proximity input ON
8: Limit input OFF
9: Proximity reverse turn/home input mask distance
11: Limit inputs only
12: Proximity reverse turn/holding time
13: No home proximity input/holding home input

Limit Input referring to Input (I/O) ? How about Proximity Input ? It is confusing with the terms. The manual has no explanation for each of the above selection.

Any one?

Simon

There's a lot of information in the software about how each homing setting in manual W507, Section 8.  

Limit refers to end of travel limit switches wired to the servo amplifier. 

Proximity is a prox sensor or switch used to indicate the home position is close.  It switches from the high speed homing to the low speed to fine tune the home position.

1 person likes this

Sysmac Studio iteself has nice visual explanation on how the homing works with different methods.

Edited by scotty134

On 1/5/2022 at 11:49 PM, Crossbow said:

There's a lot of information in the software about how each homing setting in manual W507, Section 8.  

Limit refers to end of travel limit switches wired to the servo amplifier. 

Proximity is a prox sensor or switch used to indicate the home position is close.  It switches from the high speed homing to the low speed to fine tune the home position.

Yes. I did read this. for Example at Page 172 of Section 8, Home proximity input signal vs Home input signal, what is the different between the 2 ? Example I have an Axis fitted with a proximity sensor (or a reed switch) as a home signal, which of the above I should look at Home proximity input signal or Home input signal ?

Regards

Home proximity means you are close to home, slow down. Home input means you are at home now, stop.

Go into your axis setup and look at the homing settings. There are clear graphical representations of what everything does to an axis. You can change these settings and see the effect on an axis.