Jackmcg

CX PROGRAM - TON and TOFF timers

3 posts in this topic

Hello 

Please will someone help me find how to add a TON or TOFF timer in CX program. 

I have recently ran into an issue whilst writing a programme for my foundation degree. It is a simple program on cx version 9.5 but cannot seem to find an answer. 

I need to know how to put in a Time OFF and a time ON timer into the programme. Literally as simply as that, every person I have asked this has said one of the following,

what do you need that for? 

Can't you do it another way? 

I don't know if this can do that? 

Why dont you turn all your timer outputs to the opposite so that the timer will work as a Ton or toff? 

Siemens TIA literally has timer TON and timer TOFF for you to add. Why is cx program finding this difficult? 

There are YouTube videos that literally explain nothing. 

Please will someone help me find how to add a TON or TOFF timer in CX program. 

TIM is a time on timer - for a time off you will have to make your own. It is not difficult. The value to put into the timer is in BCD with # in front of it. If you are using a binary  time it id TIMX and the value is decimal with & in front of it.

So you are complaining that an older PLC platform (much older than TIA Portal) does not have all the commands in a newer PLC.  Well we have always been able to write on and off delay timers with a couple lines of logic.  If you used a newer NJ or NX PLC and Sysmac Studio, you would see the TON and TOF functions you are used to.

I posted in the downloads section many years ago sample ladder for Mitsubishi to do all the different timers, I do not have it written in CX-Programmer, as I use Sysmac Studio for almost everything these days.