CX_Luigi

Multiple projects in one instance of Sysmac Studio

4 posts in this topic

is there a way to put different separate SS projects (ie plc) into one single project? The only way possible seems adding device from multiview explorer, but it does not accept import or drag and drop from other files such as was possible for example in CX-Programmer

You can't drag and drop entire devices from one project to another, no.

There is a means to export an NA-Series HMI to a file and bring it into another Studio project. 

You might try using the Tools menu Backup and export a backup file, then import the backup file in the other project.

thanks for the suggestion, I did try and it works to export another program configuration, but do not add to a different device in Multiview explorer even created and selected it rather replace the original one. I don't think Omron currently provides a way to have many devices of same type in a single project, only combination of plc and HMI together. I do hope a future version of SS will allow projects having many devices grouped together in one file

Edited by CX_Luigi
grammar

You can most certainly have a project with multiple controllers in it.  I have a project that contains 3 NJs, 2 HMIs, and safety controllers.

Yeah, I see that importing a backup created a new project now.  So looks like only way is to add the new device and then upload it from the controller.