5 posts in this topic

hi everyone
i have a question about nx ec0122
i connected an encoder to ec0122. now i want creat a programm for read the pulse and reset pulse. Then write a program to measure the length of a roll.
How should I do this?
Thank you for your help

You wire the encoder to the encoder module and then set a variable in the program where you can read the value of the counter.  What you do with it after that is up to your program.

The variable in question is registered on the IO Map menu just like any other input/output. There you can see what data type the encoder value is using and assign a name to it.

I suggest you enable the Controlword input (I think - need to check this) on the card's side parameters, since I have needed to reset and enable manually the encoder reading in every single application that used one.

11 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You wire the encoder to the encoder module and then set a variable in the program where you can read the value of the counter.  What you do with it after that is up to your program.

thanks

7 hours ago, viman said:

The variable in question is registered on the IO Map menu just like any other input/output. There you can see what data type the encoder value is using and assign a name to it.

I suggest you enable the Controlword input (I think - need to check this) on the card's side parameters, since I have needed to reset and enable manually the encoder reading in every single application that used one.

Thanks for the tips

but actually my question is how do i do the program.
do you have any sample program or example manual?

thank you so much