Vince95

CP2E-N Modbus Communication

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am Vince. I am new OMRON PLC software. I would like someone to teach on how to use these function block.

https://www.ia.omron.com/product/special/automation-systems/cp2e/fb/modbus-tcp-server.html

https://www.ia.omron.com/product/special/automation-systems/cp2e/fb/ethernet-send-receive-data.html

I have go through the manual of the function block but it gives me more confusing. My objective is to read some part of the modbus address. I have doubt on how to set the destination IP address that I would like to read and the modbus address I desired to read. Then where the data is saved in PLC memory. What precaution I need to take upon reading the modbusTCP?

Thanks in advance.

From pdf.jpeg

ModTCP D memory.jpeg

ModTCP.png

Received data FB.png

1 person likes this

Or maybe the way I using is wrong? My focus is just Omron PLC CP2E-N to fetch data from device (192.168.250.2) through modbus TCP address. Is there any function block or sample for me to look on? 

You need to use the client FB - server is slave - client is master.

Yes, I found that I use wrong FB. I have search many FB but ModbusTCP mostly using FINS.  It take a lot of time for searching the TCP FB.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:12 PM, Vince95 said:

Or maybe the way I using is wrong? My focus is just Omron PLC CP2E-N to fetch data from device (192.168.250.2) through modbus TCP address. Is there any function block or sample for me to look on? 

did you manage to get the data ?