Giuseppem94

re-mapping PDO yaskawa ethercat option

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm trying to change the frequency reference of a q2v Yaskawa inverter via EtherCAT.
The inverter is equipped with Yaskawa EtherCAT option and I'm using an Nx plc programmed using sysmac studio.
According to the YASKAWA EtherCAT manual (https://inverterdrive.com/file/Yaskawa-EtherCAT-Option-Manual)
the frequency reference is not a standard mapped PDO (the standards ones are shown on pages 85 and 86), so PDO needs to be remapped by writing to map object 1A00-1A28 (a short description for them is on page 57). No other Infos are reported in this manual.

Can anyone help me? basically, I need to write (what?) to these register (how? are they SDO?) to remap the standard PDO mapping.

Many thanks in advance.

Just now, Giuseppem94 said:

Hi everyone, I'm trying to change the frequency reference of a q2v Yaskawa inverter via EtherCAT.
The inverter is equipped with Yaskawa EtherCAT option and I'm using an Nx plc programmed using sysmac studio.
According to the YASKAWA EtherCAT manual (https://inverterdrive.com/file/Yaskawa-EtherCAT-Option-Manual)
the frequency reference is not a standard mapped PDO (the standards ones are shown on pages 85 and 86), so PDO needs to be remapped by writing to map object 1A00-1A28 (a short description for them is on page 57). No other Infos are reported in this manual.

Can anyone help me? basically, I need to write (what?) to these register (how? are they SDO?) to remap the standard PDO mapping.

Many thanks in advance.

I am also trying to do a similar thing (send a Zero command) that is not mapped to a PDO. This is my first time working with ECAT so I may be off base. Quickly looking thru the YASKAWA manual, I came across some settings that you need to configure in advance before you can do what you are trying to do. Have you set your drives configuration according to what Page #42 indicates? 

61a875f3e08cd_YaskawaEcat.thumb.png.bc3f

Yes I set these parameters as described and I can control the frequency via ethercat command. 

The problem is that I want to change these parameters (b1-01 and b1-02) via ethercat and it seem to be impossible