Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lipton

Lenze i950

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.

We have situation when trying to control a Lenze i950 drive from the Omron CPU NX102 using the CIA 402 CSP protocol with one motion axis configured on a 2ms task.

On the drive is it a motor + resolver connected to lenze drive.

EtherCAT communication is up and running and we are enable to run the motor with bad results. 

behaviors we see is wrong actual speed from drive, hard stopping in the drive, oscillation when the drive is standing still, overshooting the target.

running better when send lower velocity to the drive.

First the scaling is off at least regarding velocity, As we do the scaling in the omron cpu 65536/Work travel distance per motor rotation and I am 100% sure it is correct.

First time I am in contact with this drive, is there any out here that has experience with this Lenze I950 drive and their software's and able to give any idea what can be wrong ? 

I have one feeling that there is some scaling being done inside the lenze drive aswell or wrong resolution somewhere.

Have been in contact with the local lenze support without any progress 

/Best regards 

DataTrace.png

Linking.png

i950 BS-STO - TA CiA402_192_168_200_14_C01_TC2.gdc

Edited by Lipton

Check my thread about a Yaskawa ECAT servodrive, it took me a lot of time to figure out and you may get some guidance from it. It sounds like you are getting the same behavior from the motor as I did.

Rule of thumb, get the trial of Twincat3 on your computer and connect the drive directly to it. Use your computer as ethercat master; you can still test the motor even if it tells you your network card isn't ethercat compatible. See if it works with it.

From there I just started comparing the chunk of parameters of the servodrive written by Sysmac and Twincat, and found out which ones were being wrongly set by SS. That gave me a hint of what kind of PDO mappings I should modify.