dunc

FX3GE ethernet communication

8 posts in this topic

I have 2 FX3GE with built in ethernet.

i have got communication with each PLC working with the local HMIs and the SCADA systems fine, but i am struggling to find out how to set up communication between the 2 PLCs directly.

i have found reference to the built in ethernet working like the fx3u-enet-adp, but there is little info on how to actually program this to communicate between 2 PLCs.

can anyone help me out with this, or point me in the direction of a manual that explains it simply?

Edited by dunc

That is not possible between 2 ADP. You will need the ethernet cards instead.

If you're HMI is a got and is connected to both PLC's than you can use the GOT to share the data between the PLC's

Device data transfer function 

Edited by Gambit

it doesn't necessarily work exactly like an ADP as it is built in rather than a separate board, i was hoping that as it can communicate with external equipment, it would be able to communicate to another FX? i was hoping it would be similar to the FX5 as you can communicate between PLCs with that quite easily.

yes, both HMIs are a GOT. albeit a very basic GT21.

i will have a look at that function on the HMI and see if that will work. its not really ideal though.

Not ideal i agree but possible with the hardware you now have.

Just connect one of the GT21's to both ADP's

The transfer setting are easy

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Not ideal i agree but possible with the hardware you now have.

Just connect one of the GT21's to both ADP's

The transfer setting are easy

thanks for the advice.

the transfer settings seem a bit too easy, but im confused as to how it knows where the data is coming from and going too? i have looked through the e-manual and it doesnt once mention how you define which PLC the data is coming from and going too?
i can only assume you just setup 2 connections and the host is then the source and the other is the destination?

Capture.JPG.9ec18aa5b8470a84f615bd606958

Edited by dunc

This screen capture is from the connection part. Now the first one is host (1-1) and de second is network 1 station 2.

When you got to the device data transfer. and you ay source device click on the ... button. you can then select a device from the host station or you can select other and select network 1 station 2

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

This screen capture is from the connection part. Now the first one is host (1-1) and de second is network 1 station 2.

When you got to the device data transfer. and you ay source device click on the ... button. you can then select a device from the host station or you can select other and select network 1 station 2

thankyou. didnt spot that to begin with!

all working ok. i am tempted to use both HMIs for redundancy. this makes it a little more robust than just relying on 1 HMI to pass communications.

thanks again

So you got it working :-2 excellent.

Anytime 

Edited by Gambit