Followers 0
skyfox

TC2406 Not Triggering PID Output with NX1P2

5 posts in this topic

NX1IP2 PLC / TC2406 Temp Controller / SYSMAC V 1.45.1

PLC IN RUN MODE

Couple of issues.

1. Setpoints are not updated

2. PID output (Heating control out put) to drive the SSR does not turn on.

Temperature alarm works.

Any ideas as to why this is not triggering? When I first started adding TC tags to the watch table, I noticed the output toggling ON-OFF for about a minute and then go in to a steady on state. During this time, PID was not in Auto, and not in Run mode. This was before any PID configurations were done or any setpoint values were changed. Only configuration changes were to enable 1 Alarm as an Upper-limit alarm and set decimal point to 1 digit. All others are still at factory defaults. Puzzled as to why the PID is not triggering. PV is way below the SP. Is there anything else that I need to do to get this to trigger? After downloading the configuration, I have power cycled the PLC at least twice.

PID.png.80732f57984c3e2dd9a2b7124bd16787

Tried and auto-tune. That didn't start either.

PID2.png.e5204652862652e44a1fa8f8c814752

Edited by skyfox

Did you put the good values in the OprSetParams and InitSetParams inputs of the FB?

3 hours ago, pfort said:

Did you put the good values in the OprSetParams and InitSetParams inputs of the FB?

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying I need to use a PID function block in Logic? My understanding was that PID control is internal to TC2406 Temperature controller. (i.e. Built in functionality of the TC2406) and all I needed to do was trigger the Run bit to start PID control in either Auto or in manual mode. Is that not the case?

My bad, I misread your post. I thought you had a temperature input unit and use PID FB in your program.

Edited by pfort

1 hour ago, pfort said:

My bad, I misread your post. I thought you had a temperature input unit and use PID FB in your program.

No Worries. I am a bit puzzled on this as well. It has got to be something simple that I haven't been able to figure out yet.