Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skyfox

NB Designer - Word Lamp questions

5 posts in this topic

Few Questions regarding usage and behavior of the WORD LAMP feature. I am using Version 1.531. Behavior (Q3) was observed in simulation mode.

619d2aa38cb0f_WordLamp.thumb.png.c864c3b

You need to create a button image with 4 states (or more).

You can paste images or load images for each state.  Once done you can then select that graphic for you button.

Add 1.jpg

Add 2.jpg

Add 3.jpg

5 hours ago, Webbs said:

"You need to create a button image with 4 states (or more)."

Hi Webbs,

I am trying to use the "WORD LAMP" object (PART), and not a "Button" object. Word lamp has 256 states. According to the manual, you can add a graphics to each state. (See my image above). I believe what you are referring to is the "WORD SWITCH" if I am not mistaken. That one is a "TOUCH" object and isn't going to work for what I am wanting to do. Which is to display various messages to an end user via a value set from the PLC, that a user cannot then alter via a button press.

Cheers!

Edited by skyfox

Hi Webbs,

I think I just realized what you were trying to say. One has to first create a graphic with required number of states, and then bring that in to the "WORD LAMP" or the "WORD SWITCH"  Object. What an odd way to do things. An object's properties being modified, should auto generate image place holders based on the number of states that was set by an end user, when the object (part) was placed on screen and as options are being set for that object. Then, one can bring the required image to the needed state.

Thanks again for your help. I have been trying to figure out how to accomplish this simple task for many days now. NB series is most definitely NEANDERTHALS of HMI's is what I am finding out. Just one NEANDERTHAL expressing his opinion. That is.

Many Cheers!

Edited by skyfox

Yes it is a very different setup to other systems but it is also 1/3 of the cost so there needs to be a compromise somewhere.....

1 person likes this